It has never been cheaper to use video in your digital communication. And never harder to use it effectively!
Cheaper? Because we now have high-quality digital cameras in our pockets wherever we go – they come ‘free’ with our smartphones!
Harder? Just because everyone has a camera does not mean that everyone knows how to use the moving image to tell a story effectively … but everyone thinks they should try!
The salient facts are:
- Video usage is growing
- YouTube is the second most used search engine after Google
- The exhortation to ‘show, don’t tell’ has never been stronger
- There is a general expectation that organisations and companies will deliver training and support through video tutorials
- There is a significant movement to use storytelling in communication – video is the perfect medium for this
- It is no longer prohibitively expensive to create near-broadcast quality video
But be careful:
- Viewers have high expectation of video content
- The time window to capture a viewer is very short (less than 10 seconds!)
- Viewers have low tolerance for poorly recorded video and, even more importantly, poor sound
- Viewers won’t find your video in a general search (100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute)
You can achieve the most cost-effective video or audio communications by working with a team that can optimise what can be achieved within your budget. Contact me now for a no-obligation discussion about how to achieve:
- A great script
- Perfect sound recording
- Superb visual quality
- Video editing that really tells your story clearly
Image courtesy of metrue at FreeDigitalPhotos.net